Sunday, March 9, 2014

Our First Baby has a High School Diploma

Its official!!! Our eldest passed the ALS Exam! Congratulation to my dearest A. She can  move on to higher education. WOW!!! How fast!

 Screen Capture from here

What's the next step? Where will she go? What will she do with this high school diploma?
I asked her: "What do you want to take for college? "
While her dad asked her: "What do you really really want to do?"

We both got different answers. LOL

My girls and Ginger the Cat. A photo they sent me through Viber when I asked how they were while I was out for the whole day for the Mommy Sense 2nd Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Training by Arugaan.
Most of the students A's age will be entering the University this June while she has to write/email the Universities she wants to go to to ask permission if she can sit down and take their entrance exam this coming August and September. She has called one university so far and whoever she spoke to on the phone asked her is she has PEP Test  results which she does not have. You can read more about PEP Test and ALS  here. At any rate the person from the university that A spoke to said, she should write their admission officer or something like that. The PEP Test is only given once a ear here in Davao City but in manila its given almost every month. At the moment it would be too tight, time and money wise to rush A into taking the PEP Test . It would be cheaper to take the SAT rather than make a trip to Manila to take the PEP Test. Anyway, lets see how this goes. This year will be like her gap year.  I am very excited for my dear girl.


4 comments:

  1. It's me again, Daisy! I've been waiting for an update on how your daughter's ALS exam went hihi :) Congratulations! Hooray for unschooling! Would it be possible to know your email address Mommy Alex? Mine is daisyvirtudazo@gmail.com Would love tob e able to exchange notes and ideas with you regarding homeschooling/unschooling. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daisy, my email is alexmhao@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. HI. I was searching online for information about independent homeschooling here in the Philippines. We came from the US and have been exposed to how homeschooling works there. Plus, I'm already set on how I'll homeschool my kids (Charlotte Mason Method through Ambleside Online) that's why I had no need to enroll in a homeschool institution here. Now the problem left is accreditation. Would love to know more about the process. My eldest is still in year 1.. but i just want to be ready :)
    www.myrubyslippers.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina,
      As far as I know, at the moment, DepEd does not have a home school division. For accreditation your child can take the PEP Test, can be taken say you want your child to be in grade 3 or another grade level, while the ALS, gives you a highschool or an elementary diploma.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...